Free and Reduced Lunch Program FAQ
How do I get free or reduced-price school meals for my children?

You must complete the Application for Free and Reduced-Price Meals form and return it to the school. Households getting food stamps or TANF -- You only have to include your children’s names and case numbers, and an adult household member must sign the form. Households that do not get food stamps or TANF --  If you do not have a case number, you must include the names of all household members, the amount of income each person received last month and where the income came from. An adult household member must sign the form and include his or her social security number, or indicate that he or she has no social security number. Households with foster children. You must include the children’s names and the amount of “personal use” income the children received last month, and an adult must sign the form. Will the form be verified? Your eligibility may be checked at any time during the school year. School officials may ask you to send written evidence that shows that your children should get free or reduced-price school meals.

Can I appeal the school’s decision?

You can talk to school officials if you do not agree with the school’s decision on your form. You may also ask for a fair hearing by calling or writing to: Comanche ISD Superintendent / 200 E. Highland/ Comanche, Texas 76442 / (325) 356-2727.  

Will information on my form be kept confidential?


Can I apply for free and reduced-price meals later?

You may apply for free and reduced-price meals at any time during the school year. If you are not eligible now but have a chance, like a decrease in household income, an increase in household size, become unemployed, or get food stamps or TANF, complete another form then. The school will let you know if you are approved or denied. In the operation of the child feeding programs, no child will be discriminated against because of race, sex, color, national origin, age, or handicap. If you believe you have been discriminated against, write immediately to:

The Secretary of Agriculture
Washington, DC 20250

Participate and support the great students of Comanche ISD as we challenge them to excel and celebrate their accomplishments! Join our staff as we adapt to and conquer every challenge we face by demonstrating the qualities of being



Copyright © 2016 - Comanche Independent School District

powered by ezTaskTitanium TM